Sunday, January 5, 2014

CINDY WILLIAMS begrudges a $1350 raise; SNOPES says FALSE

The following was posted on January 5, 2014. According to research on SNOPES the purported article is FALSE.
 
 Military Pay
If you get this more than once, feel honored that you know more than one person who supports our military and appreciates what they do.
 
If you don't forward it, you don't deserve their sacrifice.
 
 
CINDY WILLIAMS was appointed by Obama as an Assistant Director for NATIONAL SECURITY in the Congressional Budget Office.....
 
This is an Airman's response to Cindy Williams' editorial piece in the Washington Times about MILITARY PAY, it should be printed in all newspapers across America .
 
Ms. Cindy William wrote a piece for the Washington Times denouncing the pay raise(s) coming service members' way this year citing that she stated a 13% wage increase was more than they deserve.
 
A young airman from Hill AFB responds to her article below. He ought to get a bonus for this.
 
"MS Williams:
I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GI's earn enough”, and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes per month. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40 after.
 
 
 
 
A1C Michael Bragg, Hill AFB AFNCC

No comments:

Post a Comment