Monday, May 1, 2017

I am confused., Will we drown or freeze?

We are recording the temperature of earth. I'm not quite sure who is recording and how. Will the Oceans rise? Will New York go under water?

I put some water on a measuring cup and added ice cubes to double the number of cups, or ounces. I wrote down the measurement.

I left it sit while the cubes melted. Now i cannot swear that some water did not evaporate while the little water warmed. I did notice that some of the ice was above the water line. That is the confirmation that ice is lighter in weight than water. I was told that in school, and saw it confirmed again.

As the ice melted the water level did not change. Hmmm! The floating icebergs are not a problem, only the glacier on the mountains or maybe green land.

Watch the global warming. As the ice cap melts the amount of water in the ocean will rise by the amount of melted ice that is not floating. With all this water available to increased heat, how will evaporate?          How much rain will fall and how much will be snow
?        I remember an ICE AGE explanation that demonstrated how, as the polar ice diminished the lower climbs were covered with snow creating southern glaciers.                   

Anyone want to buy a pair of used snow shoes? or buy some real estate for the new great lakes?
When was Atlanta, or Toms River Ocean front?

No comments:

Post a Comment